I previously posted about my fabulous craigslist crib find for babybird. Since then, I have continued to be more than satisfied with my craigslist adventure for babybird. Here is a quick rundown of what I have found on Craigslist.
- Baby Bjorn Babysitter | paid $60 | full price $150
- Stokke Sleepi Crib | paid $300 | full price $1,000
- Stokke Tripp Trapp | paid $50 | full price $250
- 0-3 month wardrobe | paid $15 | full price $50+
- 3-6 month wardrobe | paid $15 | full price $75+
- Graco Swing | paid $30 full price $70
- Moby Wrap | paid $20 | full price $40
- Bumbo seat free with clothes full price $40
- changing pad free with crib full price $20
- Boppy free with crib full price $30
So doing some quick math I spent a little over $500 for $1,800+ worth of baby stuff! That’s about 75% off. And here’s the best part—I didn’t compromise on what I wanted at all. And all of the stuff was in excellent condition. I had been drooling over the design of stokke baby furniture but couldn’t swallow the steep price tags, but after scouring craigslist for months (about 4) I was able to find exactly what I wanted for the price that worked!
I totally lucked out in finding a gal who was selling her sons clothes for a steal! He was born in November, and my little guy was due in November so the sizes and seasons matched up perfectly–this is something to definitely watch out for when buying lots of baby clothes.
Buying used on craigslist might not be for everyone. I don’t mind having used baby items, some things I do prefer to buy new, but buying some stuff used allows me room in my budget for splurges.