Baths are a much-needed necessity in my weekly schedule. I am always amazed how much a bath can relax me. I am always looking for things to add to my bath to make it more relaxing and even more healthful. I almost always add Epsom salts to my baths. They are one of the best and easiest ways to help boost your magnesium levels, as well as they are a great detoxifier. And their most well-known property of helping to relieve sore muscles.
For added relaxation, I make this essential oil bath soak recipe. It includes Epsom salts, sea salt, baking soda, clay and essential oils. I’ve tweaked this recipe to perfection. The results, a smooth, silky, aromatic, detoxifying bath. This will leave your skin smooth and moisturized. Just try it!
- 4 oz Epsom salt (1/2 cup)
- 1 oz baking soda (1/8 cup)
- 1 oz sea salt (1/8 cup)
- 0.5 oz rhassoul clay (about 1+ish tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, almond, jojoba etc.)
- 10-20 drops essential oils
Measure all ingredients and mix together. The result will be a grainy texture that will dissolve perfectly in your warm bath. If you would like a more “sand like” texture you can put your dry ingredients in a food processor or grinder before adding the oils.
- Stress Relief:
- 10 drops of rose essential oil
- 10 drops of frankincense essential oil
- Body Aches
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of citrus essential oil
- or your favorite blend.
I love using Stressaway (young living), Bouquet (plant therapy) and Joy (young living).