This is actually one of the few recipes I have found on pinterest that I love, and consider a success. I have had more than my fair share of pinterest fails.
This recipe is an easy family favorite. It is super quick to assemble, and freezes unbaked. We typically serve with a salad or green beans. This is going to start making the rounds in our weekly rotation again soon with my busy schedule.
I might experiment a bit and see if I can fully bake this casserole the night before and just quickly reheat it for dinner. Mr. Bird and I have been getting home from work around 5:15/5:30, which means we have about 30 minutes to pull dinner together before we all get crazy hangry (hungry-angry). The turkey meatloaves and mashed potatoes I made last week were perfect for this, and I am hoping to find a few more options with the same convenience.
- Box of instant stuffing (I use chicken)
- Can of cream of chicken soup
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts/tenderloins
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish
- Place chicken in a single layer in the dish
- Layer pepperjack cheese on top of the chicken
- Mix milk and soup and then spread on top of cheese
- Top the cheese with the whole bux of stuffing
- Drizzle melted butter on top of stuffing (you can freeze at this step if you want)
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
Do you have any great freezer-friendly casserole recipes?