Five Frugal Things is a great practice of recognizing some of the frugal things in your life. I first came across it on the blog TheFrugalGirl, and have jumped on that bandwagon!
Here is a quick list of the 5 frugal things I’ve done in the past few weeks
- Making homemade room freshener/clothing freshener spray. You can see my post about it here. I make a batch of this every few weeks, and it is the BEST deodorizing spray ever!
- Drinking water. I splurged and bought some La Croix sparkling water this week at Aldi. It reminded me that our habit of drinking mostly water and coffee is frugal. Juice and other store bought beverages can add up!
- No paper towels or paper napkins! I posted about this last week. We do this EVERY week, but it still good to remember that it saves us money, and is better for the environment.
- Planning our finances. Mr. Bird and I have been trying to work toward planning our finances and paying off the last few thousand dollars of our car, and planning to pay off our mortgage in 5-10 years. This might not seem frugal in the moment, but syncing up on finances reminds us of our long-term goals and gives us motivation!
- Homemade bread. I enjoy baking, but often don’t have the time for it, so I frequently buy store bought baked goods. This weekend I made some homemade pumpkin bread which is going to be great for breakfasts.
What frugal things have you done this week? What do you do to keep yourself motivated to be frugal?