Five Frugal Things is a great practice of recognizing some of the frugal things in your life. I first came across it on the blog TheFrugalGirl, and have jumped on that bandwagon!
Back on the bandwagon of posting! I might not be posting as often, but I am going to try to post 1-2 x per week. It was a much needed break last week, thanks for being patient! Here’s a quick 5 frugal things post!
- Making cinnamon knots I used the frugal girl’s recipe, and they came out fabulous and delicious! I was serious impressed with how simple it was. All in all it took about 3 hours from start to finish (but much of that was rising time)
- at home haircuts. LittleBird and Mr Bird were due for haircuts. Years ago we spend $19.99 for a a hair clipper set. I used to cut Mr Bird’s hair, but now he does it himself, and he tackels cutting Litte Birds hair.
- No paper towels or paper napkins! I posted about this a few weeks ago, and I love how much it saves us!
- Planning our meals. I meal planned and grocery shopped this weekend. I have been spending a bit more at the grocery store for some convenince items to make eating at home easier, but it’s still cheaper, healthier and less stressful than last minute take out!
- Homemade waffles. Every now and then we love a good homemade brunch! This weekend I made us some waffles. A few years ago I bought this waffle maker! It makes 2 belgium waffles at a time, so it is super efficient to make waffles for the whole family!
What frugal things have you done this week? What do you do to keep yourself motivated to be frugal?